As the world determines how to handle the escalating outbreak of COVID-19, education leaders across the country are facing difficult and enormously impactful decisions. We hope this resource guide will assist educators and school practitioners in developing comprehensive plans for students with disabilities and creating effective and high-quality learning environments for all during this evolving national transition.
Charter schools are schools of choice and families are the ones making those choices. The Center seeks opportunities to better understand the factors influencing family choices related to where their children attend school through research projects that include parental surveys and targeted parent/family groups.
While not a parent advocacy organization, the Center aims to support families in becoming informed about their options and rights. The following list of resources provide helpful information on a variety of topics impacting families.
- National Parent Training and Information Centers – Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Find a Technical Assistance Center near you:
PTACS – Parent Technical Assistance Centers
- A List of Legal Resources from the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
- Charter Schools and Special Education:
A Fresh Look at Data and Questions to Ask
- Statewide Parent Advocacy Network (SPAN)
- PREP – Parental Readiness and Empowerment Program