Part time – 20-25 hours a week
The National Center for Special Education in Charter Schools (NCSECS) is a young national nonprofit organization committed to ensuring that students with disabilities have equal access to exemplary special education and related services in public charter schools. NCSECS provides research, policy analysis, coalition building and technical assistance to a variety of stakeholders. This position will be based out of the Norwich, Vermont office.
The NCSECS Project Coordinator is able to use critical thinking, initiative, and judgment to contribute to a highly collaborative, start-up work environment by providing administrative, program and logistical assistance in support of the organization’s goals. You must be able to wear many hats and seamlessly move between thinking big thoughts, creating systems, managing projects, and performing administrative support. A dream job if you want a part-time schedule, smart and fun co-workers, and a chance to do compelling work while building your professional skills or keeping your feet in the game while maintaining work-life balance.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Director and other staff members in both the NYC and Norwich, VT offices
- Provide general administrative support and office management duties
- Coordinate projects related to programs and administration
- Create and implement systems to manage office and organizational tasks
- Oversee contact and content databases
- Support grant management as needed, including compiling necessary documents for grant applications and tracking grant activities for reporting purposes
- Meeting planning and travel logistics
- Process invoices and expense reports and support external bookkeeper/payroll
- Update and manage website
- Complete additional duties as may be assigned to support the leadership team
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Strong administrative abilities
- Experience with WordPress a plus
The ideal candidate will demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Attention to detail - Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand and adds value when completing tasks
- Problem-solving - Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions
- Organization - Proactively keeps track of projects and deadlines.
- Flexibility - Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities
- Independence - Can work independently, be assertive, and make thoughtful decisions about projects
- Collaboration - Works with teammates and is responsive to feedback
Hours: Part-time, 20-25 hours a week Compensation: $20-22/hr Start date: Immediate
To apply, please submit letter of interest and resume to Lindsay Coker: Info@ncsecs.org and put "Project Coordinator" in the subject line.