Charter schools are schools of choice and parents are the ones making the decision about where their child attends school. NCSECS seeks opportunities to better understand the factors influencing parents’ choices related to where their children attend school through research projects that would include parental surveys and targeted parent groups.
While not a parent advocacy organization, NCSECS aims to support parents in becoming informed about their options and rights. The following list of resources provide helpful information on a variety of topics impacting parents.
- National Parent Training and Information Centers - Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Find a Technical Assistance Center near you:
PTACS – Parent Technical Assistance Centers
- A List of Legal Resources from the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
- Charter Schools and Special Education:
A Fresh Look at Data and Questions to Ask
- Statewide Parent Advocacy Network (SPAN)